|Plot Summary of Acorna - Unicorn Girl 5|
Acorna is a unicorn girl, sent off in an escape pod from her people (because of an attack) and found by three asteroid miners. It's a very futuristic setting, but the miners don't know where she came from. She grows very quickly and the horn on her head has healing powers. She tries hard to fit into society on a planet after traveling around in space with the miners for two years, but cannot understand some forms of cruelty etc. Really good book... have to read the rest of the series to see what happens.
This synopsis report prepared by Summer Spirit
|Chapter Analysis of Acorna - Unicorn Girl 5|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
- info about lifeform(s)/society/phenomena
- search for identity/new understanding
- coping with mental/magical powers
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Cultural problems, alien culture
- feelings as an alien growing up among humans
- Female Alien
If magical mental powers:
- Space, need spacesuit
- Domed/Underground City
- futuristic human warship
- a space station
- futuristic human freighter/transport
- one or two man fighter/scoutship
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a futuristic society
Planet outside solar system?
Takes place in spaceship?
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- none/very little science jargon needed
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
Graham D. Watson
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian