|Plot Summary of Altered Carbons|
A guerrila trained guy (and convicted criminal) is brought to Earth from a spacer settled planet to solve a mystery for a very wealthy man. He gets involved in other relationships, tries to unravel what appears to be a 'gordian knot' of sorts while preventing his own personal, long term death.
This synopsis report prepared by canadian_sphynx
|Chapter Analysis of Altered Carbons|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
Descript. of chases or violence - 20%
planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 30%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 20%
Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places - 30%
Tone of book
- suspenseful (sophisticated fear)
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy story on current Earth
- two lovers coping with tough mission
Spying & Investigations
What is main char. doing?
- finding a killer (criminal)
- genetic engineering
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- accused criminal
- long lived adults
- near future (later in 21st century)
Takes place on Earth?
Accounts of torture and death?
- very explicit references to deaths and torture
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- none/very little science jargon needed
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
- descript of touching personal anatomy
- actual description of sex
- description of breasts
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
Graham D. Watson
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian