|Plot Summary of Comeback|
British diplomat Peter Darwin returns to his hometown after a long absence to investigate a string of racehorse deaths and a homicide. The key to these dark events may be his own long-hidden memories. and he may be the next victim.
This synopsis report prepared by Wayne S. Urben
|Chapter Analysis of Comeback|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
descript. of violence and chases - 30%
Planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 20%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 30%
How society works & physical descript. (people, objects, places) - 20%
Tone of story
- suspenseful (sophisticated fear)
How difficult to spot villain?
- Difficult, but some clues given
Time/era of story:
What % of story relates directly
to the mystery, not the subplot?
Misc. Murder Plotlets
- "All in the family" murder
Kind of investigator
- amateur citizen investigator
Kid or adult book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Any non-mystery subplot?
- feelings towards family/friends
Murder Mystery (killer unknown)
- Dirty, dangerous (like New York)
- scientific labs
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
Explicit sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
- touching of anatomy
- actual description of sex
- descript. of other female areas
A lot of techno jargon?
Kind of jargon?
Unusual forms of death
Unusual form of death?
Amount of dialog
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Our Chief Librarian