|Plot Summary of Dark Changeling|
At the age of 40, psychiatrist Roger Darvell discovers that vampires exist, and that some are as violent as any horror movie monster. After a lifetime of craving human blood, he learns the truth about his past and realizes he is not mentally ill, but a member of a vampire species secretly sharing the world with humanity. Can he protect his newfound lover against a vampire serial killer while coming to terms with his own nature, reconciling his need for blood with his religious beliefs, and learning to control his bloodlust? This novel has several companion books and stories in print (e.g., SHADOW OF THE BEAST, in which the heroine of DARK CHANGELING appears as a secondary character).
This synopsis report prepared by Margaret L. Carter
Get your copy of the book
|Chapter Analysis of Dark Changeling|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy story on current Earth
- search for identity/new understanding
- coping with mental/magical powers
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Cultural problems, alien culture
- feelings as an alien growing up among humans
If magical mental powers:
- mind control
- super strength
- can read emotions
- 20th century
Takes place on Earth?
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- some scientific explanation
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
- descript of touching personal anatomy
- actual description of sex
- description of breasts
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Our Chief Librarian