|Plot Summary of A Dragon's Ascension|
With the Sleeping King dead, the bindings between him and the Serpent are broken, leaving the Band of Four to defend Aglirta from the Serpent's tyrany.
This synopsis report prepared by jon
|Chapter Analysis of A Dragon's Ascension|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
Descript. of chases or violence - 30%
planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 10%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 40%
Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places - 20%
Tone of book
- suspenseful (sophisticated fear)
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy world/fantasy past
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- roaming fantasy world, battling hostile monsters
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
If magical mental powers:
- can change shapes
- fire/lightning/weather cntrl
- mind control
- super strength
- can cast many different spells
- during "Tolkien" (fairytime) times
Takes place on Earth?
Accounts of torture and death?
- explicit references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- none/very little science jargon needed
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
- descript of touching personal anatomy
- use of artificial tools
- major character becomes a sex slave
- actual description of sex
- rape/molest (yeech!)
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
West Side Story
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
Graham D. Watson
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian