|Plot Summary of Dune: House Atreides|
Leto Atreides tries to get the Vernius House back to power. Fights a great conspiracy from House Harkonnen. Shaddam IV kills Elrood IX.
This synopsis report prepared by Mario De Leo
|Chapter Analysis of Dune: House Atreides|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- part earth & part fantasy world
Coming of age
- two lovers coping with tough mission
Political power play
- factions fight within govt for control
- preventing/managing clash/war between govts/kingdoms
Mental/magical powers focus
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- a teen
- Planet surface, need spacesuit
- Space, need spacesuit
- Domed/Underground City
- futuristic human freighter/transport
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a futuristic society
- big overbuilt futuristic city
- very controlled society
Planet outside solar system?
Takes place in spaceship?
Accounts of torture and death?
- explicit references to torture
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- none/very little science jargon needed
Sex in book?
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
Graham D. Watson
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian