|Plot Summary of Emergence|
Emergence is the first book in "The Reality Dysfunction" series by Peter Hamilton. It is a hard-core sci-fi book about two races, the Adamists and the Edenists, who use their power to fight for control over their "paradise".
This synopsis report prepared by Terdeia
|Chapter Analysis of Emergence|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
Descript. of chases or violence - 20%
planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 10%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 10%
Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places - 60%
Tone of book
- suspenseful (sophisticated fear)
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Political power play
- preventing/managing clash/war between govts/kingdoms
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Cultural problems, alien culture
- one culture tries to impose its culture on another group
Intense exploration of society's culture?
- fighter (air/space) pilot
- futuristic human warship
- alien spaceship
- a space station
- futuristic human freighter/transport
- one or two man fighter/scoutship
Takes place in spaceship?
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- quite a lot of techical jargon
How much dialogue?
- little dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
The Happiest Millionaire
West Side Story
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian