In the American tradition of historical narratives, this book traces the lives of Franklin, Jefferson, and Madison with empasis on their religious views and personal expressions of faith. They held strong religious beliefs as evidenced by the their personal papers.These documents show, according to teh author, that the three early American founders were united on six major points:
Click here to see the rest of this review
1. Freedom of Religion is a fundamental right.
2. No one, especially goverment officials, should interfere with the free exercise of religion.
3. There should be no one official religion of the United States.
4. Federal tax dollars should not be allocated to favored churches or religious groups.
5. Different religions from around the world should be respected.
6. The separation of Church and State should be maintained.
The unique contribution of this book offers a fresh look at ideas that set precedence for interpreting the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.
The review of this Book prepared by Angie Yan