|Plot Summary of Goodnight Lady|
A fascinating and emotional tale of the life of Briony Cavangh from her impoverished childhood in the 1900s right through to her rise to notoriety in London's sleazy underworld from the 1920s right up to the 1960s. Through her career, she comes under threat from various London gangs eager to take over her lucrative business, and it seems that her twin sons want a piece of the action as well, resorting to extreme methods to muscle in. But there is a price to pay . . .
This synopsis report prepared by Nick Warren
|Chapter Analysis of Goodnight Lady|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Time/era of story:
Kid or adult book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
The crook is....
- criminal's rise in a crime organization
- Get treasure/money from another criminal
Is MAIN CHARACTER an EVIL criminal?
- long lived adults
- Super sensitive soggy jelly muffin
- Deep South
- fancy mansion
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
Unusual forms of death
- rough sex
- run over
- blunt clubbing (like seals)
- exploded into bits
Unusual form of death?
Amount of dialog
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Our Chief Librarian