|Plot Summary of Heaven Sent - Xanth 11|
"To Xanth's precocious shape-shifter Prince Dolph, searching for Humphrey, the missing sorcerer, is a perfect chance to see the world. Setting off with his faithful companion Marrow, an enchanted skeleton, he will penetrate an island of illusion... escape a goblin kindom... outwit a husband-hungry mermaid... nest-sit for fiery dragons... and find romance with a slinky snake princess--all on his way to discovering a magic coin with the answers!" (descript. on back of book)
This synopsis report prepared by Melissa G.
|Chapter Analysis of Heaven Sent - Xanth 11|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy world/fantasy past
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- into past and future equally
Spying & Investigations
What is main char. doing?
- rescue mission/escape from confinement
- magical artifact
Mental/magical powers focus
- giant monsters
- dragon buddy
Story involving clones/duplicates?
- good clones fighting bad clones
Kind of alteration:
- Magically turned into another being
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Time Travel story?
- a kid
If magical mental powers:
- can change shapes
- Domed/Underground City
- 20th century
- 17th century
- medium future 22-24th century
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a primitive/fantasy society
Takes place on Earth?
Planet outside solar system?
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
- moderately detailed references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- quite a lot of techical jargon
Sex in book?
How much dialogue?
- significantly more dialog than descript
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
Graham D. Watson
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian