|Plot Summary of Heir to the Shadows - Black Jewels Trilogy 2|
|"The Blood have waited centuries for the coming of Witch, the living embodiment of magic. But Jaenelle, the young girl prophecy spoke of, is haunted by the cruel battles fought over her future power because not all the Blood await her a their savior, but as their puppet. Her guardians have healed her physical wounds, but her mind is still fragile, protecting itself with a shield of amnesia. When her memories return she must be ready to accept her fate and responsibilities that come her her power."
Amanda, Resident Scholar
|"Jaenelle has grown up and become a Witch. Her mind, though shattered, is slowly being healed by her loved ones, her family, until she is ready to face her destiny."
Rachael, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of Heir to the Shadows - Black Jewels Trilogy 2|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
Descript. of chases or violence - 10%
planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 20%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 50%
Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places - 20%
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy world/fantasy past
Coming of age
- a powerful magician
- coping with mental/magical powers
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- a teen
If magical mental powers:
- can change shapes
- can talk to animals
- mind reading
- can see into the future
- can fly
- can cast many different spells
Really unusual traits?
- Super sensitive soggy jelly muffin
- during "Tolkien" (fairytime) times
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a primitive/fantasy society
- very controlled society
Takes place on Earth?
Planet outside solar system?
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
- very explicit references to deaths and torture
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- none/very little science jargon needed
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- vague references only
- descript of kissing
- descript of touching personal anatomy
- use of artificial tools
- society controls main character's sexing
- major character becomes a sex slave
- actual description of sex
- description of breasts
- descript. of private male anat.
- rape/molest (yeech!)
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Our Chief Librarian