Allreaders.com

Mornings on Horseback Book Review Summary

Detailed Plot Synopsis of Mornings on Horseback

Mornings on Horseback is about the world of the young Theodore Roosevelt. It is the story of a remarkable little boy, seriously handicapped by recurrent and nearly fatal attacks of asthma, and his struggle to manhood.

The book covers the period of 1869 to 1886. We watch Teddy grow from a sickly little boy of 10 to a relatively healthy and well educated man of 27.

The book focuses on the personal family interrelationships of the closely knit Roosevelt family. We gain insight into Teddy's relationship with his parents and siblings. We are also introduced to a very young FDR.

The choice of this lesser known time period in Teddy's life is an interesting one. The book shows how a sickly boy evolved into a man that would be capable of becoming president of the United States.
This report prepared by Yosef Shapiro

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of Mornings on Horseback

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Kids:    -   general coming of age story Job/profession/poverty story    -   Yes Politician story?    -   Politician trying to reform

Subject of Biography

Gender    -   Male Profession/status:    -   student Ethnicity    -   White Nationality    -   American

Setting

United States    -   Yes

Writing Style

Book makes you feel?    -   encouraged Pictures/Illustrations?    -   More 6-10 B&W How much of bio focuses on most famous period of life?    -   0-25% of book

Books with storylines, themes & endings like Mornings on Horseback

David McCullough Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or