|Plot Summary of Not Now: Death, Dreams & Reasons for Living|
|"Within the supreme Space civilisation a young poet, Okinwe Orbinson, is recruited by a mysterious stranger who, swearing him to secrecy, deposits him on a planet where he is to attempt a solution to an epidemic of suicide among a race of telepathic people. Okinwe Orbinson witnesses three graphic suicides and retreats to a lakeside, where he falls in love. And slowly, piece by piece, he finds the solution to the suicides. "
Sam Smith, Resident Scholar
Get your copy of the book
|Review Analysis of Not Now: Death, Dreams & Reasons for Living|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- fighting a disease/illness affecting everyone
Spying & Investigations
What is main char. doing?
- finding a killer (criminal)
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- a teen
Planet outside solar system?
Accounts of torture and death?
- explicit references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- none/very little science jargon needed
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of touching personal anatomy
- actual description of sex
- description of breasts
- descript. of private male anat.
- descript. of non-breast female anat.
How much dialogue?
- significantly more descript than dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Our Chief Librarian