|Plot Summary of Once...|
Recovering stroke victim Thom Kindred goes to his uncle's country estate for some rest and relaxation. While there he encounters magical beings, both good an evil, and becomes embroiled in a terrifying battle between magical forces for control of the estate.
This synopsis report prepared by Stephen Coombs
|Chapter Analysis of Once...|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
Descript. of chases or violence - 20%
planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 30%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 20%
Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places - 30%
Tone of book
- scarey (primal ax-wielding fear)
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy story on current Earth
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- exploring a wondrous planet or phenomena
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- small businessman
- current (early 21st century)
Takes place on Earth?
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
- descript of touching personal anatomy
- actual description of sex
- description of breasts
- descript. of non-breast female anat.
- rape/molest (yeech!)
How much dialogue?
- significantly more descript than dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
Graham D. Watson
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian