Allreaders.com

Out of Time Book Review Summary

Detailed plot synopsis reviews of Out of Time

Postmodernism for children seems a big step. That is what John Marsden has attempted in this book. This is a story of a boy called James.   James has a friend, an elderly scientist who is finalising an experiment in time travel. When he dies James takes his machine and uses it. Some of the stories in this book seem pointless and fruitless having no satisfactory conclusion. There is a story of a young boy homeless in Mexico who may be an American survivor of a plane crash and the stories of a pair of twins who were separated at birth and never feel complete. James' travels in time and place take up most of his story running side by side with his real life and family in Australia.
The review of this Book prepared by Penny

John Smith on 11/16/2014 9:49:41 PM says: yes, you may think this book was good, but in reality kids are expected to read this apart of Australian curriculum, and as an high Honor student at QUT and the Dux (O.P 1) of my previous school - Brisbane Grammar School, i found it really difficult to understand it and i would highly make it clear that the book wouldn't came across to nothing more than 12-15% of students that read the book. It doesn't make sense and doesn't give us a consistent message to everyone.
John Marsden please may you do us a favor for us and please give us a summary on your behalf to give us an understanding.

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of Out of Time

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Composition of Book planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives 40%Feelings, relationships, character bio/development 30%Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places 30% Is this an adult or child's book?    -   Kid's book (ages 7-14) Time Travel story?    -   Yes

Main Character

Identity:    -   Male Age:    -   a teen

Setting

Earth setting:    -   current (early 21st century) Takes place on Earth?    -   Yes

Writing Style

How much dialogue?    -   roughly even amounts of descript and dialog

Books with storylines, themes & endings like Out of Time

John Marsden Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or