Allreaders.com

Princess: A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia Book Review Summary

Detailed plot synopsis reviews of Princess: A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia

This is a wonderfully written story detailing the life of a Saudi Arabian Princess.
The review of this Book prepared by Jennifer Smith

Pat on 8/13/2014 10:49:20 AM says: "Princess" is the life story of Sultana, a member of Saudi royalty. The book includes her entire life story (up until she marries and has children) as well as the stories of many of her friends and family members and other people that she has met and came to know throughout her lifetime. Many of these stories are both shocking and tragic, but also uplifting, too because Sultana has so much hope for the women of her land.

I really enjoyed the book "Princess" because I learned so much about the Saudi culture, not just about royalty, but about the entire country. The author, Jean Sasson left no stone unturned.

The story of Princess Sultana really is universal because I feel that everyone can relate to her and take something from her personal story with them. What I personally learned is that we are all more alike than different and that equality for women is worth more than all of the gold in the world because even though Sultana was a multi-billionaire she did not have the one thing money could never buy: her freedom.

What I enjoyed the most about the book was how detailed and educational it was. It includes many rare and never-before-published pictures, maps, a history timeline and even a glossary. Jean Sasson, the author really went out of her way to educate her readers all about Saudi life.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone that is studying the Middle East as Jean Sasson is an expert on the subject (not only did she live in Saudi Arabia for 12 years, but she has also lived in and traveled throughout the entire Middle East extensively) or anyone that is interested in true non-fiction books that will fascinate and inspire you.

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of Princess: A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Ethnic/Relig. of subject (inside)    -   Arab or Muslim Ethnic/regional/gender    -   Yes Royalty bio    -   Yes Period of greatest activity?    -   1950+

Subject of Biography

Gender    -   Female Profession/status:    -   Prince/Nobleman/King Ethnicity    -   Arab Nationality    -   North African

Setting

How much descriptions of surroundings?    -   4 () Desert?    -   Yes Misc setting    -   Fancy Mansion Century:    -   1980's-Present

Writing Style

Book makes you feel?    -   like laughing Graphic sex in book?    -   Yes If this is a kid's book:    -   Age 16-Adult Pictures/Illustrations?    -   A few 1-5 B&W How much dialogue in bio?    -   significantly more dialog than descript How much of bio focuses on most famous period of life?    -   0-25% of book

Books with storylines, themes & endings like Princess: A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia

Jean Sasson Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or