Allreaders.com

Ransom Book Review Summary

Detailed Plot Synopsis of Ransom

Ransom by Lois Duncan, is about five teens, Dexter, Jesse, Bruce, Glenn, and Marianne that are kidnapped from their bus coming home from school. The story takes place in Albuquerque. All five students have the same thing in common, they are all from the same part, Valley Gardens (where the more wealthy people live) and that's why they were the ones who are kidnapped.
I liked this book, it had a good story to it and was interesting, although there were a few things I also disliked about the book. It wasn't any part of the story that I didn't like; it was the technique that the author used. She would jump from scene to scene and character without giving any warning it made it confusing, and took away from the story. The author does have the ability to build suspense to the story to make the reader wanting more.
Lois Duncan, has written many best-selling thrillers such as, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Killing Mr. Griffin, and Don't Look Behind You. I would rate this book a 7. Not that it wasn't good, but the technique took a lot away from the story and irritates the reader.
This report prepared by Amanda Hoff

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of Ransom

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Tone of story    -   very upbeat Time/era of story:    -   1980's-1999 Kid or adult book?    -   Adult or Young Adult Book The crook is....    -   criminal's rise in a crime organization Crime Thriller    -   Yes Crime plotlets:    -   escape/rescue from kidnappers Is MAIN CHARACTER an EVIL criminal?    -   Yes General Crime (including known murderer)    -   Yes

Main Character

Gender    -   Male Profession/status:    -   killer Age:    -   20's-30's Unusual characteristics:    -   Cynical or arrogant

Setting

United States    -   Yes The US:    -   Mid-Atlantic states Mountains/Cliffs    -   Yes

Writing Style

Accounts of torture and death?    -   generic/vague references to death/punishment Amount of dialog    -   roughly even amounts of descript and dialog

Books with storylines, themes & endings like Ransom

Lois Duncan Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or