|Plot Summary of Reaper Man|
|"DEATH IS MISSING - PRESUMED ... ER ... GONE.
Which leads to the kind of chaos you always get when an inportant public service is withdrawn.
Meanwhile, on a little farm far, far away, a tall dark stranger is turning out to be reall good with a scythe."
The Librarian, Resident Scholar
|"The auditors of reality decide the Death of Discworld is becoming too alive, so they "sack" him.
In Ankh-Morpork, Windle Poons dies, but yet he lives.
And what are these little snow globes...?"
Damian Perry, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of Reaper Man|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy world/fantasy past
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- exploring a wondrous planet or phenomena
- preventing an ecological disaster
Mental/magical powers focus
- fighting a personal illness/handicap
- search for identity/new understanding
War or Invasion
Story involving clones/duplicates?
- bad clones/duplicates
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Cultural problems, alien culture
- one culture tries to impose its culture on another group
- magical being
- long lived adults
If magical mental powers:
- can change shapes
- can talk to animals
- mind reading
- can see into the future
- super strength
- can read emotions
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a primitive/fantasy society
- humans in a contemporary society
Planet outside solar system?
Accounts of torture and death?
- no torture/death
- moderately detailed references to deaths
How much dialogue?
- significantly more dialog than descript
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Our Chief Librarian