Allreaders.com

Say Uncle! Life in DC With My Filipino Uncles Book Review Summary

Detailed Plot Synopsis of Say Uncle! Life in DC With My Filipino Uncles

Say Uncle! is the story of growing up in the Nation's Capital in the 50s and 60s with 10 Filipino Uncles. You'll discover why these immigrants came to America from Manila, Pangasinan, Marinduque, Cavite and La Union between the years 1913 to 1961.
This report prepared by Gene Smith

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of Say Uncle! Life in DC With My Filipino Uncles

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Ethnic/Relig. of subject (inside)    -   Asian, other Gender/Class story?    -   immigrant story If this is a culture clash:    -   family young v. old guard Ethnic/regional/gender    -   Yes Period of greatest activity?    -   1950+

Subject of Biography

Gender    -   Female Profession/status:    -   writer Ethnicity    -   Other Asian Nationality    -   American

Setting

How much descriptions of surroundings?    -   8 () United States    -   Yes City?    -   Yes Century:    -   1960's-1970's

Writing Style

Book makes you feel?    -   like laughing If this is a kid's book:    -   Age 16-Adult Pictures/Illustrations?    -   A few 1-5 B&W How much dialogue in bio?    -   roughly even amounts of descript and dialog How much of bio focuses on most famous period of life?    -   76%-100% of book

Books with storylines, themes & endings like Say Uncle! Life in DC With My Filipino Uncles

Nita Mondonedo Smith Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or