Allreaders.com

Seeds of Yesterday Book Review Summary

Detailed plot synopsis reviews of Seeds of Yesterday

This is the fourth (and last) book of the Dollenganger family. Cathy and Chris Dollenganger (now taken the surname of their adopted father, Sheffield) have returned to their rebuilt family mansion, Foxworth Hall. Cathy's youngest son, Bart, is living in the mansion with him, and he due to inherit the mansion on his 25th birthday. Bart is a very mentally disturbed young man, and he befriends his great-uncle Joel, who comes to live with them. Joel seems a creepy elderly man.

Cathy's oldest son, Jory also visits and after a suspicious accident leaves him a paraplegic, he moves into the mansion.

Jory's wife, Melodie, is pregnant, and ends up giving birth to twins. The accident is too much for his wife, who has an affair with her husband's brother (Bart) and then leaves him, leaving her children behind. Bart and Joel try to warp the twin's minds against his incestuous parents, and they are taken from the hall.
The review of this Book prepared by Louisa Eggleton

When Corrinne Foxworth died, she left her family mansion, Foxworth Hall, to her oldest son, Christopher, but only until her gandson, Bart's twenty-fifth birthday. Now, in the fourth addition in the Dollanganger Series, Bart comes to take ownership of Foxworth Hall, and he invites his entire family(His parents, Jory, Jory's wife, his sister,as well as the long-lost uncle Joel) to come celebrate with him. Christopher and Catherine agree to celebrate with their child, and return once again to Foxworth Hall, the house that they spent three years of their childhood trapped in. After discovering the truth about his parent's relationship, Bart resents his father and turns to his evil grandparents. Uncle Joel bares striking similarities to John Amos, 'Grandmother's' butler in If There Be Thorns. Together the two begin to terrorize the entire family. As Catherine watches in horror, the family legacy of incest, greed, and betrayal claim the lives of her children.
The review of this Book prepared by fran laniado

Anita Spiegel on 6/28/2014 11:58:17 AM says: I watched FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC and PETALS IN THE WIND. Now I've been made aware of the 3 other books IF THERE BE THORNS, SEEDS OF YESTERDAY and GARDEN OF SHADOWS. I love to read a good mystery but can't imagine the incest covered in these books,, yet I'm almost tempted to buy the 5 books in this series and read them out of curiosity. Those of you who have read some of the books or seen some of the movies would you recommend a person buying the books?

on 6/25/2014 1:11:39 PM says: Seeds of yesterday like it or don't bother.

This book is an emotional unique tale. When I first began reading these books I was shocked, stunned and moved.

Although I have to be honest I was put of by the incest between brother and sister. Rightly so, isn't it?

Yes incest is an awful thing and as I was reading petals in the wind I wanted both Chris and Cathy to find over lovers. By if there be thorns it was different.

Yes incest is wrong but in the case of Catherine and Christopher Doll, who were locked away acted as parents to twins and lived in a fantasy of what their lives would be I can emphasize with them.

Catherine found other lovers but would always want to be near Chris when it rained. Chris could not escape a fantasy he had created and he loved Cathy, no one else could measure up.

In the end Chris and Cathy always had each other to count on, to take comfort in, to understand each other and to love each other.

Anyway back to the book at hand. This book was shocking, I have to say it had me on the edge of my seat or should I say page. At times I was angry, upset, annoyed, touched but overall satisfied.

I really liked it, I liked the way it finished although I hoped Joel would be found out and justice would serve him, but he left. Maybe life had already be enough justice for him and luckily in the end Bart was free of his strings.

I enjoyed this book and that all I can say like it or don't bother.

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of Seeds of Yesterday

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Tone of book?    -   depressed Time/era of story    -   1980's-1999 Romance/Romance Problems    -   Yes Family, struggle with    -   Yes Struggle with:    -   Uncle Kind of sex:    -   incest Is this an adult or child's book?    -   Adult or Young Adult Book Taboo sex story?    -   Yes

Main Character

Gender    -   Female Profession/status:    -   unemployed    -   wealthy Age:    -   40's-50's Ethnicity/Nationality    -   White (American) Unusual characteristics:    -   Super sensitive soggy jelly muffin

Setting

How much descriptions of surroundings?    -   3 () United States    -   Yes The US:    -   Southeast Misc setting    -   fancy mansion

Writing Style

Sex in book?    -   Yes What kind of sex:    -   vague references only    -   descript of kissing    -   touching of anatomy Amount of dialog    -   roughly even amounts of descript and dialog

Books with storylines, themes & endings like Seeds of Yesterday

V.C. Andrews Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or