|Plot Summary of Beneath the Shattered Moons|
|"In a world created by Neo-humans (Parfects) to test experimental societies, Ingram Marley, an investigator for the government of Ongladred, seeks answers to disturbing questions about the world. He encounters a man who seems to have escaped 'programming' and learns compassion for an emotionless society. Add in a 'Theater of the Dead', an invading barbarian horde, and a legendary biological-apocalypse being and you have a nicely rounded sci-fi novel with a bit of a morbid atmosphere."
Shane Tiernan, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of Beneath the Shattered Moons|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- colonizing/homesteading another planet
Repressive society story
- controls your mind
If an invasion, from Earth/human POV:
- fighting overt invasion (attacking aliens)
- search for identity/new understanding
War or Invasion
Major kinds of combat:
- hand to hand
- ocean ship battles
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Cultural problems, alien culture
- one culture tries to impose its culture on another group
- one human from different culture of other humans
- government investigator
Really unusual traits?
- Super sensitive soggy jelly muffin
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a futuristic society
- very controlled society
Planet outside solar system?
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- a fair amount of scientific explanation
Sex in book?
How much dialogue?
- significantly more descript than dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
Graham D. Watson
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian