|Plot Summary of Sketches by Boz|
|"A collection of excellent sketches (short stories) of Dickens' views of society around him. He was most certainly an outstanding observor and these little stories are warm."
Kelly Whiting, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of Sketches by Boz|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book?
Time/era of story
- 19th century
Kind of living:
- general poverty story
- midlife crisis
- vague finding self/purpose in life (i.e. no plot to book)
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- physical disability
Pearls of wisdom from homeless?
How much descriptions of surroundings?
- 4 ()
- lot of descript of crop raising
- lot of descript of animal care
Small town people:
- nice, like Andy/Opie/Aunt Bee
- very gullible, like Gomer Pyle
- fancy mansion
Amount of dialog
- significantly more descript than dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Our Chief Librarian