|Plot Summary of Soul of the Fire - Sword of Truth 5 |
|"In the fifth book of the Sword of Truth series, Richard Rahl, along with his wife Kahlan, try to find a way to save the world from the chimes, magical beings that will eventually destroy all magic in the world. To find the answer they must go to Anderith, a neutral country about to be invaded by the tryrant, Jagang. While there they try to convince the people to join their side, only to be disappointed. "
Covarla, Resident Scholar
|"In The Soul Of Fire Richard & Kahlan are finally married and thus let the chimes into the world, whom make magic disapear from the world. Richard and Kahlan must find away to send the chimes back where they came from... or magic will be gone forever."
Amy, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of Soul of the Fire - Sword of Truth 5 |
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy world/fantasy past
Coming of age
- a powerful magician
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- preventing an ecological disaster
- fighting a disease/illness affecting everyone
- destined love (dream or prediction)
Political power play
- saving govt/kingdom from external overthrow
- factions fight within govt for control
- magical weapon
Mental/magical powers focus
- search for identity/new understanding
- coping with mental/magical powers
War or Invasion
Major kinds of combat:
- sword fights
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Cultural problems, alien culture
- one culture tries to impose its culture on another group
- politician/elected ruler
If magical mental powers:
- can change shapes
- fire/lightning/weather cntrl
- super strength
- can cast many different spells
- is very quick
- can read emotions
- general past
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a primitive/fantasy society
Takes place on Earth?
Planet outside solar system?
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
- very explicit references to deaths and torture
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- none/very little science jargon needed
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- vague references only
How much dialogue?
- significantly more dialog than descript
- significantly more descript than dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
Graham D. Watson
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian