|Plot Summary of The Avatar|
A new kind of technologically advanced spaceship is discovered that lets people explore the farthest reaches of the galaxy.
This synopsis report prepared by C.E. Mosher
|Chapter Analysis of The Avatar|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
Descript. of chases or violence - 10%
planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 40%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 30%
Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places - 20%
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- exploring a wondrous planet or phenomena
- lost in spaceship
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- Planet surface, need spacesuit
- Space, need spacesuit
- near future (later in 21st century)
- alien spaceship
- a space station
- futuristic human freighter/transport
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- inhabited by friendly aliens
- neutral aliens
- primitive aliens
- empty, or nearly empty world
Takes place on Earth?
Planet outside solar system?
Takes place in spaceship?
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- quite a lot of techical jargon
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- vague references only
- descript of kissing
- descript of touching personal anatomy
How much dialogue?
- significantly more descript than dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
West Side Story
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
Graham D. Watson
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian