|Plot Summary of The Innamorati|
|"In an alternate Italian renaissance, there is a maze in Labirinto. It is said that those who are cursed can enter the maze and, if they can successfully navigate it, leave their curses behind them. A number of people - a maskmaker and her daughter and lover, a stuttering actor, a beggar, a fighter, a whore, a fool, a priest - come to Labirinto and to the maze. A brilliantly-written book. "
Ivy, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of The Innamorati|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy world/fantasy past
Coming of age
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- exploring a wondrous planet or phenomena
- destined love (dream or prediction)
Spying & Investigations
What is main char. doing?
- rescue mission/escape from confinement
Mental/magical powers focus
- search for identity/new understanding
- change of heart
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- 18th century
Takes place on Earth?
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
- descript of touching personal anatomy
- actual description of sex
- description of breasts
- descript. of private male anat.
- descript. of non-breast female anat.
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
Graham D. Watson
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian