- Charlie and Oliver work at the Greene & Greene Bank.
- One night they get a call from Tanner Drew, a rich man that is published in the “Forbes”.
- While making Tanner Drew's transaction, he comes across an account that had three million dollars in it. He also realized that this account has not made any transaction for over six months. He tells his brother that there is an abandoned account with loads of money.
- Charlie says that if they steal it they won't get caught. This is because after six months, an account has to be transferred to the government. Their crime will look like they have put the money into the governments account.
- While doing this they are being watched by the tech guys. Next day they, Shep the tech guy, comes into their cubicles and says he won't complain about the robbery, as long as they give him a share
- Charlie and Oliver tell Shep they have kept the money in a bank in England that will get transferred to many other banks in Europe. After telling him this information Oliver and changes the destination of the money.
- Shep is after them for the money.
- Oliver and Charlie then trace the owner of the bank to make sure he is actually dead. They learn he has another property in Florida. The see if they have he has forgotten to close the bank.
- They find his house and see a young skinny woman, Gillian. She helps them to solve the mystery. It is here that they learn that Duckworth, the owner of the account, has died six months ago. While inside her house, they learn a lot about Duckworth.
- While investigating the house for clues about the account they find a clue on accident. They were relaxing to watch T.V., when the remote was not working. Opening up the remote to see if they can fix it they find a small piece of paper. It is an NDA (Non-disclosure Agreement).
- Mean while, the co-workers from Charlie's and Oliver's office, are after Charlie and Oliver for their money.
- They want to the money back and eliminate them by bringing them into jail.
- Charlie, Oliver and Gillian are in Disney Land to figure out who was Marty Duckworth.
- They get million of dollars added to the account randomly.
- They learn that Gillian is a fraud.
The review of this Book prepared by Kovid Bhatnagar
Brothers Oliver and Charlie Caruso work at the exclusive banking firm of Greene and Greene where client entry begins at two million dollars. However, the siblings soon learn that a boss Henry Lapidus is destroying Oliver's career. Already in major debt, The Caruso brothers decide to embezzle a three million-dollar inactive account owned by a dead client that no one in the firm or the deceased's family seems to realize exists.
However, the smooth felony fails as hidden strings attached to the loot ring alarms to various players. To the sibling's fear and bewilderment, the cash abruptly multiplies one hundred times. The Secret Service, the Disney Corporation, and a thug or two chase after the lads. Desperate Oliver and Caruso flee to Florida in an attempt to get out of this mess by following up on the only lead available, the dead client's daughter.
THE MILLIONAIRES is a wild financial thriller that takes the audience on a strange but interesting trip into the world of not so real but somehow spending money. The story line is fast-paced though marred from the seesawing between past and present tense that at times jars the reader out of the plot. The Caruso brothers gain fan empathy as their one attempt at crime ends up as a Mad Hatter ride leading to the audience singing Brad Meltzer's praise for an enlightening, exciting, and entertaining story.
The review of this Book prepared by Harriet Klausner