|Plot Summary of The Scions of Shannara - Heritage of Shannara 1|
Evil has once again set foot in the Four Lands, and the shade of Allanon chooses three charges, the descendants from a long line of heros, to once again purge the evil from the lands. The first book of one of my most favourite series ever!
This synopsis report prepared by Adam Johnson
The shade of Allanon has given three charges to the children of Shannara. This book focuses on the charge given to Par Ohmsford, wielder of the wishsong: to find the lost Sword of Shannara to use in the battle against the Shadowen. But when he does find it, he faces agonies that threaten to overcome him, such as determining whether or not the sword is the real Sword of Shannara.
This synopsis report prepared by Peggy Nguyen
|Chapter Analysis of The Scions of Shannara - Heritage of Shannara 1|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy world/fantasy past
Coming of age
- guardian of justice
- magical weapon
- search for identity/new understanding
- coping with mental/magical powers
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- champion of justice
- a teen
If magical mental powers:
- can change shapes
- fire/lightning/weather cntrl
- can cast many different spells
- during "Tolkien" (fairytime) times
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a primitive/fantasy society
- very controlled society
Takes place on Earth?
Planet outside solar system?
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
- explicit references to deaths
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
- significantly more descript than dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
The Happiest Millionaire
West Side Story
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian