Allreaders.com

The Two of Us: My Life with John Thaw Book Review Summary

Detailed plot synopsis reviews of The Two of Us: My Life with John Thaw

Shelia Hancock writes a touching, entertaining biography about her late husband, John Thaw, an actor famous for being in TV dramas such as as Inspector Morse, The Sweeny and Redcap. He as well as Sheila also worked in the theatre for many years. They both were from working class backgrounds. Sheila was fortunate to have a happier childhood than John whose mother left his father and he and his brother at the age of seven.

Sheila starts the biography by giving an account of her childhood and his( alternating chapters for her life and his). She also writes about adulthood and meeting later married John. From thenonwards she writes about their life together. John Thaw died in 2002 of cancer. This book is unique because you get 2 biographies in one book. It contains many pictures of their life together and photos of before they were together as well as Shelias diary entries set in modern day time frame.
The review of this Book prepared by Carly Phillips

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of The Two of Us: My Life with John Thaw

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

job/profession:    -   actor/actress Job/profession/poverty story    -   Yes Family, love    -   Yes Special relationship with    -   hubby Story of entertainer?    -   TV Drama Actor Period of greatest activity?    -   1950+

Subject of Biography

Gender    -   Male Profession/status:    -   actor/actress/producer Ethnicity    -   White Nationality    -   British

Setting

How much descriptions of surroundings?    -   5 () Europe    -   Yes European country:    -   England/UK Century:    -   1960's-1970's

Writing Style

Book makes you feel?    -   like laughing If this is a kid's book:    -   Age 16-Adult Pictures/Illustrations?    -   A lot in color 11-15 How much dialogue in bio?    -   roughly even amounts of descript and dialog How much of bio focuses on most famous period of life?    -   51%-75% of book

Books with storylines, themes & endings like The Two of Us: My Life with John Thaw

Sheila Hancock Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or