|Plot Summary of The Venus Belt|
|"Win Bear, Our Hero from 'The Probability Broach' is back, heading to the asteroid belt to solve a series of mysterious kidnappings and the (temporary) murder of a friend. Dodging murder attempts by a series of mind-controlled assassinatrices, Win must uncover two disparate conspiracies, the authors of at least one of which want him very dead."
Brian R. Hughes, Resident Scholar
|Review Analysis of The Venus Belt|
Our unique search engine provides a wealth of detail about books by breaking them down into many different literary elements, all of which are searchable (click here).
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- colonizing/homesteading another planet
- preventing an ecological disaster
Spying & Investigations
What is main char. doing?
- spying/espionage in enemy territorry
- finding a killer (criminal)
- unraveling a conspiracy
- rescue mission/escape from confinement
- finding a spy/saboteur
- method of control
- state secrets
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- private investigator
- Space, need spacesuit
- near future (later in 21st century)
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a futuristic society
Takes place on Earth?
Planet outside solar system?
Not Earth, in Solar System?
Accounts of torture and death?
- very explicit references to deaths and torture
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- a fair amount of scientific explanation
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- descript of kissing
- description of breasts
- descript. of non-breast female anat.
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Trade Links with Us!
Most recent discussions:
General Book Talk
Book writing discussion
Off-topic message board
Aline Countess of Romanones
Mark C. Ross
David R. Palmer
Graham D. Watson
More message boards
Our Chief Librarian