|Plot Summary of The World Jones Made|
Jones is a tryannical ruler who must be disposed of. It is very difficult, however, as he seems to know his aggressors' every move. For Jones has a strange defect - he mainly lives one year into the future - so that everything that others experience as 'now' happended a year ago for him. Another of Philip K's brilliant ideas, well presented.
This synopsis report prepared by cracked_acta
|Chapter Analysis of The World Jones Made|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
Descript. of chases or violence - 20%
planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 20%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 40%
Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places - 20%
Tone of book
- suspenseful (sophisticated fear)
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Political power play
- overthrowing govt/kingdom
Mental/magical powers focus
- seeing into the future (scifi)
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- near future (later in 21st century)
- current (early 21st century)
Takes place on Earth?
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- some scientific explanation
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- vague references only
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for your favorite town
Our Chief Librarian