Allreaders.com

We All Fall Down Book Review Summary

Detailed Plot Synopsis of We All Fall Down

On the evening of April Fools' Day, four teenage invaders trash a seven-room cottage on Cape Cod. Fourteen-year-old Karen Jerome comes home early to surprise the vandals and is assaulted and tossed down a stairway, which puts her in a coma.

Buddy Walker, 17, was one of the trashers but did not participate in the assault. A growing alcoholic upset about his divorcing parents, Buddy feels badly about the trashing, and winds up falling in love with Karen's older sister Jane Jerome. Trying to avoid the ringleader of the gang, Harry Flowers, Buddy doesn't know how to get around the terrible secret between himself and Jane. And what if Karen wakes up and recognizes him?

Unknown to everyone, the trashing and assault was also witnessed by a longtime peeper on the Jerome family who calls himself The Avenger and vows to get the trashers.
This report prepared by David Loftus

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of We All Fall Down

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Tone of book?    -   depressed Time/era of story    -   1980's-1999 Romance/Romance Problems    -   Yes Kind of romance:    -   late discovery that lover does bad Kids growing up/acting up?    -   Yes Is this an adult or child's book?    -   Adult or Young Adult Book Age group of kid(s) in story:    -   high school Wild kid(s)?    -   committing crimes

Main Character

Gender    -   Male Profession/status:    -   student Age:    -   a teen Ethnicity/Nationality    -   White (American)

Setting

How much descriptions of surroundings?    -   3 () United States    -   Yes The US:    -   Northeast Small town?    -   Yes

Writing Style

Sex in book?    -   Yes What kind of sex:    -   vague references only Amount of dialog    -   significantly more descript than dialog

Books with storylines, themes & endings like We All Fall Down

Robert Cormier Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or