Allreaders.com

We Wish To Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families Book Review Summary

Detailed plot synopsis reviews of We Wish To Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families

Gourevitch, a writer for the New Yorker, spent time in the areas of Rwanda where awful massacres took place in the early 1990s. The title of the book comes from a message sent out by an embattled community, which of course was not answered from the outside and promptly came true. The author's reconstruction of events, and his description of the aftermath and remains, are horrifying and compelling. Almost as awful but instructive is his description of how badly and even counterproductively the relief efforts were conducted. This is a shocking and extremely important book: "...power consists in the ability to make others inhabit your story of their reality, even if you have to kill a lot of them to make that happen."
The review of this Book prepared by David Loftus

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of We Wish To Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Kind Of History

Time of history:    -   1990's History of disaster/tragedy?    -   Yes History of a people?    -   Yes Nationality?    -   Africa

Subjects of this Historical Account

Ethnicity (if plays a major part)    -   Black Is the portrayal sympathetic?    -   Somewhat sympathetic

Setting

Africa    -   Yes Part of Africa:    -   Black Africa

Writing Style

How much gore?    -   8 () How fast-paced is the book?    -   6 () Accounts of torture and death?    -   very explicit references to deaths and torture Book makes you feel...    -   depressed/sad How much focus on stories of individuals?    -   Focuses on brief history of a lot of players How much romance?    -   1 () Minor characters feature lots of:    -   military Pictures/Illustrations?    -   None Length of book    -   300-350 pages How much emphasis on small details?    -   4 ()

Books with storylines, themes & endings like We Wish To Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families

Philip Gourevitch Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or