Allreaders.com

Just My Luck Movie Review Summary

Actors: Lindsay Lohan, Chris Pine, Missi Pyle

Detailed plot synopsis reviews of Just My Luck

Ashley and Jake meet at a party Ashley is put in charge of for a record company. Somehow, Ashley and Jake end up on the dance floor together, and even though neither one has a clue who the other person is—and even though Ashley has just started seeing some other guy—they kiss. And then, suddenly, he's got all the good luck and she's got all the bad.
Click here to see the rest of this review

But a lot of what happens to her afterwards just seems self-inflicted rather than bad luck, the result of stupid decisions, like when she runs the water in a bathtub after throwing a still-active hair-dryer in there, or when she develops an eye rash after fishing a contact lens out of a cat's litter box, or when she tries to do janitorial work at a bowling alley in high heels, or when she pours way, way too much detergent into someone else's washing machine.

At any rate, Ashley figures out fairly soon that she lost her luck because of that kiss, but since the guy she kissed was wearing a mask, she has no idea who he is. Thus, she embarks on a quest to track down and kiss a long list of men who were at the party—and since Jake was never supposed to be there, he's not on her list. But of course, this does not prevent her from bumping into him anyway; they don't recognize each other, but he does know what it's like to have nothing but bad luck, and he can tell that she is a "loser" like he used to be, so he takes her under his wing, helping her find a new job, inviting her to concerts, and so on and in the meanwhile, Jake goes from success to success.
The review of this Movie prepared by afia ahmad

Script Analysis of Just My Luck

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Time/era of movie:    -   2000's+ (present) Fantasy/Magic?    -   Yes Fantasy element:    -   Getting wishes granted

Main Character

Identity:    -   Female Profession/status:    -   secretary Has magical powers?    -   Yes Magical/mental powers of main character:    -   can change shapes    -   is very quick Ethnicity/Nationality    -   White American

Setting

United States    -   Yes The US:    -   California Misc setting    -   fancy mansion

Writing Style

Accounts of torture and death?    -   no torture/death Any profanity?    -   Occasional swearing

Movies with storylines, themes & endings like Just My Luck

Just My Luck Message Board (click here)
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or