Allreaders.com

Shall We Dance? (2004) Movie Review Summary

Actors: Richard Gere, Jennifer Lopez, Susan Sarandon

Detailed plot synopsis reviews of Shall We Dance? (2004)

John Clark (Richard Gere) is a respected business man, has a wonderful wife and daughter, but he feels there is something missing in his life. One evening on his drive home from work, he spots and dance studio and decides to give it a try. He signs up for regular classes and begins to enjoy himself. A young woman (Jennifer Lopez) who is one of the instructors catches his eye and they end up developing a strong friendship. He starts to really enjoy dancing and he enters into a competition held once a year. All this while, his wife (Susan Sarandon) has no idea what is going on. She hires a private detective to do a little spying on Clark, because she thinks he is having an affair. When the detective tells her that he is in a dance competition she and her daughter go to check him out. They realize how good he is and his wife is in shock. Clark notices them in the stands and ends up screwing up his dance. His wife is a bit upset that he kept this from her, but in the end he shows her how much he really cares for her.
Click here to see the rest of this review

The review of this Movie prepared by Steve Polizzi

Script Analysis of Shall We Dance? (2004)

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Time/era of movie:    -   2000's+ (present) Romance/Love/Hugging    -   Yes Job/Profession/Poverty Story?    -   Yes Job:    -   dancer

Main Character

Identity:    -   Male Profession/status:    -   business executive Age:    -   40's-50's Ethnicity/Nationality    -   White American

Setting

United States    -   Yes

Writing Style

Accounts of torture and death?    -   no torture/death Any profanity?    -   Occasional swearing If lots of song/dance...    -   lot of dancing

Movies with storylines, themes & endings like Shall We Dance? (2004)

Shall We Dance? (2004) Message Board (click here)
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or