Allreaders.com

The Doom Generation Movie Review Summary

Actors: James Duvall, Rose McGowen, Jonathan Schaech

Detailed plot synopsis reviews of The Doom Generation

The Doom Generation is a film that is not for the faint at heart. But if the cartoon like violence of “Kill Bill” didn't faze you then, in my opinion you won't have a problem here. Director Gregg Araki brings us the second installment to his “Teenage apocalypse trilogy” with his extreme surrealist take on a teen road trip comedy.
Click here to see the rest of this review

Unlike the commercial overtly obvious “Road trip” this film has a unique and controversial take on adolescent angst and sexual exploration. We have our main characters Jordan White and Amy Blue and then a stranger named Xavier Red who jumps into their car and starts a string of violent events. The three embark on an immoral road trip through America, driving wherever the road takes them, and punctuate their journey with brutal murders, and sex. As far as statements about the youth of America go this one is graphic and scarring which is what I believe makes it so remunerable and poignant.

Remembering that all Araki films are satires, I find the acting to be effective, this being Rose McGowan's second movie. Look for cameos by Margaret Cho, Parker Posey and Heidi Fleiss. The Doom Generation is definitely something anyone with a tolerance for sex and violence should see, in other words it can be offensive to some. But if you don't mind being mildly offended or shocked check out the last fifteen minutes, then ask yourself if a road trip killing spree really seems like such a good idea.
The review of this Movie prepared by Theresa

Script Analysis of The Doom Generation

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Time/era of movie:    -   2000's+ (present) Kids growing up/acting up?    -   Yes Kids:    -   committing crimes Age group    -   trouble in high school

Main Character

Identity:    -   Male Age:    -   a teen Ethnicity/Nationality    -   American Indian

Setting

City?    -   Yes City:    -   dirty, grimy (like New York)    -   dangerous    -   rude people Misc setting    -   bar

Writing Style

Accounts of torture and death?    -   very explicit references to deaths and torture Sex/nudity in movie?    -   Yes What kind of sex:    -   kissing    -   licking    -   use of artificial tools    -   orgies    -   actual description of sex    -   seeing breasts    -   seeing nude female butt    -   seeing nude male butt    -   sex under blankets Any profanity?    -   A lot of foul language

Movies with storylines, themes & endings like The Doom Generation

The Doom Generation Message Board (click here)
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or