Allreaders.com

The Omega Man Movie Review Summary

Actors: Charlton Heston, Rosalind Cash, Anthony Zerbe

Detailed plot synopsis reviews of The Omega Man

Heston as Dr. Robert Neville appears to be the sole survivor of a biological catastrophe which has wiped out most of the world's population. The other survivors besides the doc are a creepy vampire-like group that call themselves “the family”. Neville spends his days searching through the buildings of the decaying and lifeless city (LA?) to root out and exterminate the creatures, while looking for possible normal human survivors. In addition his must reprovision himself with gasoline for the generator which power the lights providing defense for his home and food for himself on his daily trips around the city. But it is essential that he get back to his well-fortified dwelling before nightfall when the creatures begin to stir and look for blood.

Neville has conducted research on his own blood to find that he has immunity to the plague that makes people turn into gruesome, albino monsters. He stumbles upon Lisa, a young woman and her brother Richie and he wants to round up more humans and treat them with his good blood. He and Lisa have sex. Richie contracts the disease and is starting to change, so Neville must get him a blood transfusion. Neville has a big showdown with Matthias, the leader of the creatures.
The review of this Movie prepared by David Fletcher



Check out this cautionary tale of the consequences of biological warfare. As the proverbial last man on Earth,the current NRA prez is compelled to frequently exercise his Second Amendment rights as he fights to cure a plague that's killed 99 percent of the human race and turned a lot of the remaining 1 percent into grotesque blood-drinking mutants.
The review of this Movie prepared by Chris Oakley








Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.
    

Script Analysis of The Omega Man

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Composition of Book Actual chase scenes or violence 40%Planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzle 40%Feelings, relationships, character bio/development 20% **Fantasy or Science Fiction?**    -   science fiction story Explore/1st contact    -   Yes Environmental disaster?    -   surviving post disaster gangs (mad max gangs)

Main Character

Identity:    -   Male Profession/status:    -   doctor Age:    -   40's-50's Has special powers?    -   Yes Ethnicity/Nationality    -   White (American)

Setting

Earth setting:    -   20th century (1970's to Present)    -   Post-disaster Takes place on Earth?    -   Yes Big cities?    -   Yes Misc settings    -   mansion Kind of city    -   Dirty, crime-ridden (like NY)

Writing Style

Accounts of torture and death?    -   moderately detailed references to deaths    -   explicit references to deaths Tone of movie    -   fearful Sex/nudity in movie?    -   Yes What kind of sex:    -   vauge references only    -   kissing Kinds of F/X    -   nasty human transformations Is this movie based on a    -   book

Movies with storylines, themes & endings like The Omega Man

The Omega Man Message Board (click here)
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
2 Ways to Search!
Or







Our Chief Librarian