|Plot Summary of Zar|
Zar, a boy born on planet Edum after much effort makes contact with Wayne, a boy born on planet Earth. Together they explore the universe.
This synopsis report prepared by Ray Wolverton
|Chapter Analysis of Zar|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
Descript. of chases or violence - 20%
planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 20%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 40%
Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places - 20%
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- exploring a wondrous planet or phenomena
- generally friendly contact with alien(s)
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- Male Alien
- fighter (air/space) pilot
- a teen
- Planet surface, need spacesuit
- Space, need spacesuit
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a futuristic society
- inhabited by friendly aliens
- unfriendly aliens
Planet outside solar system?
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- a significant amount of technical jargon
How much dialogue?
- significantly more descript than dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for the best places to live
Our Chief Librarian