|Plot Summary of Worlds|
Marianne O'Hara travels from New New York (one of the orbital Worlds) to Earth to complete her post-doctoral studies. She unwittingly becomes involved with a group of politicos whose plans will leave Earth and all of the Worlds forever changed.
This synopsis report prepared by Kevin Dole
|Chapter Analysis of Worlds|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Composition of Book
Descript. of chases or violence - 10%
planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives - 10%
Feelings, relationships, character bio/development - 40%
Descript. of society, phenomena (tech), places - 40%
Tone of book
- cynical or dry-wit
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Coming of age
- an adult (general)
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Cultural problems, alien culture
- one human from different culture of other humans
- near future (later in 21st century)
- a space station
- really, really giant spaceship/station
Takes place on Earth?
Takes place in spaceship?
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- a moderate amount of scientific explanation
How much dialogue?
- significantly more descript than dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for the best places to live
Our Chief Librarian