|Plot Summary of Venus|
Van's father, offers a ten million dollar reward to the person who recovers his brother's body from the planet of Venus. Van becomes determined to save his brother's body, both for the reward and the love he had for him while alive. Meanwhile, Fuchs, the astroid miner his father pushed out of business nearly 20 years ago, is back, to try to win the prize as well. Will Van or Fushs get their first? Will Venus destroy them as well?
This synopsis report prepared by Tori
|Chapter Analysis of Venus|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Coming of age
Spying & Investigations
What is main char. doing?
- rescue mission/escape from confinement
- fighting a personal illness/handicap
- search for identity/new understanding
Story involving clones/duplicates?
- good clones/duplicates
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
Really unusual traits?
- Super sensitive soggy jelly muffin
- Planet surface, need spacesuit
- Space, need spacesuit
- near future (later in 21st century)
- primative (present, near future) human spaceship
- someone is depressurized
- futuristic human freighter/transport
Takes place on Earth?
Takes place in spaceship?
Not Earth, in Solar System?
Accounts of torture and death?
- moderately detailed references to deaths
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- an average amount of scientific explanation
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- vague references only
- descript of touching personal anatomy
- description of breasts
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for the best places to live
Our Chief Librarian