|Plot Summary of Radiant Seas|
Radiant Seas continues the story of Sauscony and Jaibriol, their children, and the Ruby dynasty. The first half of the book explains the events leading up to the Radiance War, with Soz and Jaibriol's exile and the death of the Imperator. Once Jaibriol is kidnapped, Soz pursues the position of Imperator and all-out war to rescue her husband and brother from the Traders.
This synopsis report prepared by Christine G.
|Chapter Analysis of Radiant Seas|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
Tone of book
- very upbeat
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- science fiction story
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- stranded on alien planet, fighting aliens to survive
Political power play
- saving govt/kingdom from external overthrow
- preventing/managing clash/war between govts/kingdoms
Mental/magical powers focus
- Jedi powers
War or Invasion
Major kinds of combat:
- spaceship battles
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- fighter (air/space) pilot
- long lived adults
If magical mental powers:
- mind reading
- can read emotions
- futuristic human warship
- really, really giant spaceship/station
- one or two man fighter/scoutship
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a futuristic society
- empty, or nearly empty world
Planet outside solar system?
Takes place in spaceship?
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
scientific jargon? (SF only)
- a lot of techical jargon
Sex in book?
What kind of sex:
- vague references only
- descript of kissing
- major character becomes a sex slave
- rape/molest (yeech!)
How much dialogue?
- significantly more descript than dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for the best places to live
Our Chief Librarian