|Plot Summary of Past Imperative: Round One of the Great Game|
Edward Exeter, a seemingly normal English schoolboy, is transported to another world because of an old - and very precise - prophecy. (That's the past imperative.) Edward, it seems, is meant to kill death on this other world. Unfortunately, Edward's guide dies shortly after arrival, and for most of the rest of the book Edward is simply trying to survive. He must avoid being killed by the minions of death and simultaneously learn the rules of the Great Game. This book has a wonderful setting and background and is the start to a great series.
This synopsis report prepared by Ivy
|Chapter Analysis of Past Imperative: Round One of the Great Game|
Ratings are on a 1-10 scale (Low to High)
FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION?
- fantasy world/fantasy past
Explore/1st contact/ enviro story
- stranded on alien planet, fighting aliens to survive
Spying & Investigations
What is main char. doing?
- rescue mission/escape from confinement
Is this an adult or child's book?
- Adult or Young Adult Book
- a teen
If magical mental powers:
- can cast many different spells
A substantial portion of this book takes place on a non-Earth planetary body:
- humans in a primitive/fantasy society
Planet outside solar system?
Accounts of torture and death?
- generic/vague references to death/punishment
How much dialogue?
- roughly even amounts of descript and dialog
Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Use our site!
Search for the best places to live
Our Chief Librarian