Allreaders.com

Fifty Shades of Grey Book Review Summary

Detailed plot synopsis reviews of Fifty Shades of Grey

This is the first Shades of Grey book in the trilogy. Anastasia Steele and Chriatian Grey are the main characters. It takes place in Vancouver Washington where Anastasia is a college student who works at a hardware store. It starts off very strangely but to the point. Anastasia interviews Christian who happens to be a billionaire who is conviently chiseled, handsome and wants her.

He was sexually abused by his mother's friend at the age of 15 and she made him be her subdominant. Christian in return, has women be his subdominants and sign a NDA. He meets Anastasia and wants her to be his next sub and she gives him a "run for his money" and makes him fall for her.

There's tons of kinky sex that will make anyone's face turn bright red. But, there's a romance that buds between Christian and Anastasia that is very cute and you learn to love them both as he takes Anastasia on a long dark ride of his past as she falls even harder for him.
Best part of story, including ending: Even though the sex was a bit much for me and weird at times, their romance and relationship kept me hooked.

Best scene in story: My favorite scene was when Christian shows up at the hardware store to see Anastasia again, because that is truly where it all begins.

Opinion about the main character: I loved that Anastasia being quiet and reserved, learns to speak up for herself and learns how to get what she wants. I love that Christian learns how to love instead of being such a dominant sex addict.

The review of this Book prepared by Amanda Vickery a Level 1 Blue Jay scholar
Huels on 3/10/2015 8:41:06 PM says: I really don't like writing bad reviews. I admire people who have the courage to put pen to paper and expose themselves to the whole world, especially those writing erotica. Having just finished this book, however, I feel compelled to write a review.

About half way through the book, I looked up the author to see if she was a teenager. I really did because the characters are out of a 16 year olds fantasy. The main male character is a billionaire (not a millionaire but a billionaire) who speaks fluent French, is basically a concert level pianist, is a fully trained pilot, is athletic, drop dead gorgeous, tall, built perfectly with an enormous penis, and the best lover on the planet. In addition, he's not only self-made but is using his money to combat world hunger. Oh yeah, and all of this at the ripe old age of 26! And on top of that, he's never working. Every second is spent having sex or texting and emailing the female character. His billions seem to have just come about by magic. It seriously feels like 2 teenage girls got together and decided to create their "dream man" and came up with Christian Grey.

Then come the sex scenes. The first one is tolerable but as she goes on, they become so unbelievable that it becomes more laughable than erotic. She orgasms at the drop of a hat. He says her name and she orgasms. He simply touches her and she orgasms. It seems that she's climaxing on every page.

Then there's the writing. If you take out the parts where the female character is blushing or chewing her lips, the book will be down to about 50 pages. Almost on every single page, there is a whole section devoted to her blushing, chewing her lips or wondering "Jeez" about something or another. Then there's the use of "shades of". He's "fifty shades of @#$%% up," "she turned 7 shades of crimson," "he's ten shades of x,y, and z." Seriously?

The writing is just not up to par, the characters are unbelievable, and the sex verges on the comical. I don't know what happens in the remaining books and I do not intend to read them to find out. But given the maturity level of the first book, I imagine that they get married, have 2 perfect children, cure world hunger, and live happily ever after while riding into the sunset, as the female character climaxes on her horse causing her to chew her bottom lip and blush fifty shades of crimson. Jeez!

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of Fifty Shades of Grey

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Tone of book?    -   very sensitive (sigh) Time/era of story    -   2000+ (Present Day) Romance/Romance Problems    -   Yes Kind of romance:    -   seduction (yum!) Kind of sex:    -   really kinky sex Is this an adult or child's book?    -   Adult or Young Adult Book Taboo sex story?    -   Yes

Main Character

Gender    -   Female Profession/status:    -   student Age:    -   20's-30's Ethnicity/Nationality    -   White (American) Unusual characteristics:    -   Super sensitive soggy jelly muffin

Setting

How much descriptions of surroundings?    -   1 () United States    -   Yes The US:    -   West Forest?    -   Yes Misc setting    -   fancy mansion

Writing Style

Sex in book?    -   Yes What kind of sex:    -   descript of kissing    -   touching of anatomy    -   licking    -   Boob talk!    -   Vagia talk!    -   Weiner talk! Lot of foul language?    -   Yes Amount of dialog    -   roughly even amounts of descript and dialog

Books with storylines, themes & endings like Fifty Shades of Grey

E.L. James Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or