Allreaders.com

How I Stole Her Husband Book Review Summary

Detailed Plot Synopsis of How I Stole Her Husband

When former Dallas rich girl Alison Bell finds herself unemployed yet again, she answers an ad for a live-in nanny for a wealthy couple and their three-year-old daughter. But when she arrives for her interview, Alison discovers that the mother of the girl is none other than Pepper McClintock, her high school enemy who ten years earlier had stolen Alison's boyfriend, Spence Smith, and eventually married him. Strapped for cash, Alison reluctantly starts working for the Smiths and their bratty daughter, and relocates with them from Dallas to New York.
Things become ugly as Pepper continuously employs a multitude of ways to make Alison's life miserable, including plotting revenge for a long-ago birthday party gone wrong, and stiffing her on her pay. She also has to deal with her father's new relationship and her estranged mother's sudden reappearance in her life. Alison meets a cool enough guy, Finn, but despite his sincere efforts she doesn't give him much of a chance as she gives in more and more to the renewed attraction she feels towards Spence.
       Alison finds herself increasingly in the middle of their dysfunctional and crumbling marriage as Spence keeps his distance from Pepper, who forces Alison to keep quiet about her indiscretions with other men.
This report prepared by Rosa Flores

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of How I Stole Her Husband

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Tone of book?    -   humorous Time/era of story    -   2000+ (Present Day) Romance/Romance Problems    -   Yes Kind of romance:    -   playing footsy while inconveniently married Is this an adult or child's book?    -   Adult or Young Adult Book

Main Character

Gender    -   Female Profession/status:    -   servant Age:    -   20's-30's Ethnicity/Nationality    -   White (American)

Setting

How much descriptions of surroundings?    -   4 () United States    -   Yes The US:    -   Northeast

Writing Style

Sex in book?    -   Yes What kind of sex:    -   vague references only Amount of dialog    -   roughly even amounts of descript and dialog

Books with storylines, themes & endings like How I Stole Her Husband

Liz Ireland Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or