Allreaders.com

I've Got You Babe Book Review Summary

Detailed Plot Synopsis of I've Got You Babe

Avon, Nov 2002, 5.99, 384 pp.
ISBN: 0060502320

Seymour College Professor of Art History Dr. Vanessa Tower drives up the Massachusetts mountain to talk with Christopher “Crash” Dunmoor at the request of his grandmother, whom she met while studying the paintings of his late grandfather. Crash refuses to speak with his unwanted visitor, but she follows him to the rooftop of his house. As the last Dunmoor, grandma wants Crash to take responsibility for his grandfather's works valued at 2.6 million. He rejects everything she says until Vanessa tells him his grandma has colon cancer.

His grandma wants the estrangement between her and Crash ended before she dies and sees the staid Vanessa as the tool. She informs her grandson and Seymour College that his grandfather's works will go to him only if he attends Vanessa's art history class and aces the course. Not going, any lower grade or dropping out means the college obtains the collection. With pressure from her boss to see that her newest student crashes, Vanessa finds she wants him to inherit while willing to skydive and join him on all his other reverie of kicks.

Fans of amusing yet serious relationship dramas will delight in Karen Kendall's I'VE GOT YOU BABE. The story line uses light moments notably when prim Vanessa joins Crash on his stunts to reduce the tension from the conflict between the lead male protagonist and his family. That technique turns into a two-edge sword, as readers will chuckle at Vanessa's discomfit, but also takes away from the estrangement subplot. Still this is a strong tale that the audience will enjoy.

Harriet Klausner
This report prepared by Harriet Klausner

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of I've Got You Babe

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Time/era of story    -   2000+ (Present Day) Who:    -   grandma Matchmake, (will/family)    -   Yes Matchmaker...    -   matchmake by grandma/pa Family focus?    -   Yes Family, loving    -   Yes

Main Male Character

Profession/status:    -   business executive Age/status:    -   20's-30's

Main Female Character

-   20's-30's Profession/status:    -   teacher

Setting

United States    -   Yes The US:    -   Northeast

Writing Style

Accounts of torture and death?    -   no torture/death What % of story is romance related?    -   70% Focus of story    -   equally on him and her How much dialog    -   significantly more dialog than descript

Books with storylines, themes & endings like I've Got You Babe

Karen Kendall Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or