Allreaders.com

My Brother's Keeper Book Review Summary

Detailed Plot Synopsis of My Brother's Keeper

William Fylbrigge is a young idealist who finds himself in a position to bring a voice of reason to an otherwise unreasonable world, when he is named heir to his foster father's dukedom.

In the midst of the witch hysteria of 1607 Scotland, William boldly takes on the mantle of defender of the wrongly accused. But where his heroics earn him the adoration of his subjects, the clerics see him quite differently, and brand him as a heretic.

Using his reputation against him, Thomas, William's own older brother, seizes his opportunity to wrest William of his title and inheritances, by claiming charges of witchcraft against him.
This report prepared by Mary McMastin

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Get your copy of the book

Chapter Analysis of My Brother's Keeper

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Composition of Book descript. of violence and chases 20%Planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives 40%Feelings, relationships, character bio/development 30%How society works & physical descript. (people, objects, places) 10% Tone of story    -   suspenseful (sophisticated fear) Time/era of story:    -   17th century Spying/Terrorism Thriller    -   Yes Cloak & Dagger Plotlets:    -   power struggle within govt between two factions Kid or adult book?    -   Adult or Young Adult Book

Main Character

Gender    -   Male Profession/status:    -   Prince/Nobleman/King Age:    -   20's-30's Ethnicity/Race    -   British

Setting

Europe    -   Yes European country:    -   England/UK Forest?    -   Yes Misc setting    -   prison

Writing Style

Accounts of torture and death?    -   very gorey references to torture Explicit sex in book?    -   Yes What kind of sex:    -   vague references    -   descript of kissing Unusual forms of death    -   impaled    -   perforation--swords/knives Unusual form of death?    -   Yes Amount of dialog    -   significantly more dialog than descript

Books with storylines, themes & endings like My Brother's Keeper

Lorrieann Russell Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or