Allreaders.com

Oh My Stars Book Review Summary

Detailed Plot Synopsis of Oh My Stars

Violet Mathers can't figure out why her mother ran off with another man and left her with her mean, ornery father. Getting no affection and no attention from him, she gets her first job in a thread factory where an accident on her 16th birthday shapes her life.

Determined to end her life, she boards a bus for San Francisco to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge. The bus breaks down and she meets two unsual and incredible men who become her best friends (and one her husband). They travel the Midwest, playing guitar and singing - this white man and black man - with Violet as the manager of the Pearltones, America's newest favorite singers in the late 1930's.

Violet, Austin and Kjel are friends, companions, business partners and roadies in this heart-warming novel of disability, charm, talent, racial prejudice and small-town loyalty.
This report prepared by Kathy Nielsen

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of Oh My Stars

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Life of a profession:    -   musician Job/Profession/Status story    -   Yes

Main Character

Gender    -   Female Profession/status:    -   musician Age:    -   a teen Ethnicity/Nationality    -   White (American)

Setting

How much descriptions of surroundings?    -   5 () United States    -   Yes Forest?    -   Yes City?    -   Yes City:    -   Chicago Small town?    -   Yes Small town people:    -   very gullible, like Gomer Pyle

Writing Style

Amount of dialog    -   significantly more descript than dialog

Books with storylines, themes & endings like Oh My Stars

Lorna Landvik Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or