Allreaders.com

Saving Francesca Book Review Summary

Detailed plot synopsis reviews of Saving Francesca

Francesca Spinelli is in year eleven at St Sebastians School for Boys which has only this year opened for girls. There are about thirty girls at the school and most of the boys are pigs. Francesca lives with her mother Mia, her father Robert, her brother Luca and their dog, Pinocchio. One morning Mia doesn't get out of bed. Everyone says it is just 'a bit of a breakdown' but Francesca knows it is more than that. She is used to Mia always butting into her life and now that she isn't she doesn't know what to do.
At school, Francesca's house leader is Will Trombal. He is stuck up and arrogant and they get off to the wrong start. But eventually they start to fall for each other even though Will is too afraid to break up with his girlfriend so he can freely date Francesca.
Since all of Francesca's old friends went to another school, Francesca is stuck with the three other girls from Stellas (her old school). Justine Kalinsky, Sibhon Sullivan and Tara Finke. At first she just hangs around them for the sake of it and doesn't think of them as friends but gradually she realises how good they are. They are also joined by Thomas Mackee and Jimmy Hailer, Francesca's detention buddies. They make an odd group, but when Francesca's life at home gets to hard to handle, they are the ones there, along with Will Trombal, to help her through it.
The review of this Book prepared by Laura B

Kimberley on 7/5/2014 3:07:21 AM says: I enjoyed the development of characters and their relationships throughout the book especially with Thomas and Jimmy. I enjoyed the overall feel of the book and the idea in the end that it was better but had characters had a long way to go. I also enjoyed most of the comedy in the book.
What I didn't enjoy was the repetitiveness of the novel where chapters were repeated or not important to the story in reality. I also didn't enjoy the idea of Francesca's and Will's relationship. The author was almost saying that its okay to be with someone who will cheat on someone they are dating; which left me with the thought that Will could do the exact same to Francesca later on. *Spoiler* I didn't find the need to add in parts of the parents relationship. I mean this when Francesca was remembering back to going to the beach and being next door to her parents room at night. They didn't need to add in that Francesca heard her parents having sex with each other, their cries, and her saying that Mum is happy to Luca when he asked what the sounds were.

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of Saving Francesca

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Tone of book?    -   thoughtful Time/era of story    -   2000+ (Present Day) Kids growing up/acting up?    -   Yes Is this an adult or child's book?    -   Adult or Young Adult Book Age group of kid(s) in story:    -   high school Parents/lack of parents problem?    -   boarding school! (wack wack!) Loving/sexing?    -   guy chasing

Main Character

Gender    -   Female Profession/status:    -   student Age:    -   a teen Ethnicity/Nationality    -   Italian

Setting

City?    -   Yes

Writing Style

Amount of dialog    -   roughly even amounts of descript and dialog

Books with storylines, themes & endings like Saving Francesca

Melina Marchetta Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or