Allreaders.com

A Walk to Remember Book Review Summary

Detailed Plot Synopsis of A Walk to Remember

Landon Carter is a somewhat popular boy at his high school in Beaufort, North Carolina. He has no date for the dance because he just broke up with his girlfriend, and is forced to ask Jamie Sullivan, a somewhat nerdy girl who is very religious and is not known to have any prior experience with guys. This event starts a sequence of these two seeing each other and getting together for a number of different things. Jamie tells Landon not to fall in love with her and he thinks he will have no problem with that. He finds out soon how difficult this decision will be for him. One day , Jamie and Landon were on a walk and he told her that he loved her. But Jamie has been living with lukemia for years and is going to die. This news devastated Landon and scares him. He spends as much time with her as he can and they both fall in love with each other. In the beginning to middle of the book, Jamie tells Landon that she wants to be married before she dies. Landon suprises her by proposing to her and she accepts. She insists on walking down the isle at the wedding. Jamie dies and in the end of the book Landon is still very much in love with her.
This report prepared by Ashley

In this book an 18 year old Jamie is lonely and shy. She is overlooked by everyone. 18 year old Landon is popular and handsome. When Landon has to decide to take Chemistry or Drama, he signs up for Drama. He ends up with the leading role in the spring play. And oddly enough, Jamie ends up with the female leading role. When seeing her on the stage, Landon realizes he's fallen head over heels for her. When they fall in love, Jamie reveals that she has cancer. Landon, being in love with her realizes he only has one choice, but to ask for her hand in marrige.
This report prepared by Barbara Ott

In A WALK TO REMEMBER Sparks draws the reader in the town of Beaufort, NC to tell his story of young, but true love. An interesting sequence of events cause the popular Landon Carter to ask the misunderstood unpopular Jamie Sullivan to the Homecomming Dance which leads them into a suprising romance. Thier love continues to grow as they struggle with their own feelings, and the reality of disease. This book is wonderfully written and extremely emotional, it is a quintessential snapshot of what true love should be. It makes me cry each time I read it and it makes me yearn for a love this true and great!
This report prepared by KELLEN

A Walk to Remember is one of my favorite Nicholas Sparks books. The two main characters, Jamie and Landon fit the cliche' of opposites attract. Landon has to overcome his fear of hanging out with the "outcast", and then has to deal with his feelings once he realizes he has them. Then, Sparks adds a completely unexpected (at least I didn't see it coming) twist. What will they do? Their love survives what a lot of long-time marriages can't! This book keeps you interested until the very end. I read this book in two days! I couldn't put it down!
This report prepared by Kara

It's a story about true love that was very unlikely to happen. She's poor and very religious, she doesn't care what anyone thinks, she's unpopular with the kids at school, but popular with the grownups in the community. He's popular with just about everyone, and he's rich. They end up falling in love, and then he finds out that she has cancer and ends up marrying her.
This report prepared by Jennifer Bristol

Landon Carter is a popular kid in school, Jamie Sullivan is a sensitive outcast who was raised by a southern baptist reverend, and against all odds they fall in love and fight to let their love overcome all, including Jamie's ongoing battle with leukemia. This book will leave you in tears and wanting more. Even though there will not be a sequel, I have the pleasure of knowing that I atleast had the opportunity to read this one. It's everything that love should be and I wish I had that in my life.
This report prepared by Kristin

One of the Main Characters named Landon becomes in love with his ministers Daughter and starts going out with her not knowig that she has Cancer. He falls in love with her as the time she has left progresses he helps her to be more comfortable, as he is fighting with his own emotional problems over the whole situation. He eventually exhausts his self as he tries to make the last month they have together last, but, he makes one more push to find out what more he can give to her.
This report prepared by Nina

This book was absolutley amazing. It kept me on the edge of my seat. It was a story of how strong teen love can truly be and the love conquers all. Landon and Jamie come from different backgrounds and had nothing to do with each other until an incident where Landon needed a date. From getting to know each other in new ways, Landon learns what life is really about. It is only when Jamie becomes very weak and ill that Landon learns miracles can happen.
This report prepared by Colleen

A guy falls in love with a girl known as a dork. They are happy but he knows something is being hidden. In the end she dies of Leukemia while he stays by her side the whole time.
This report prepared by Jessica

Yet another great book by Sparks. If you want to cry, read this book. If you read this book and don't cry, go buy a heart! This is a close second to "The Notebook". An incredible love story like no other. Sparks brings you into the lives of Landon & Jamie and has you routing them on with every turn of the page. If you are a Nicolas Sparks fan, or are looking to become one, this is a great book to start with.
This report prepared by Darcey

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of A Walk to Remember

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Time/era of story    -   1930's-1950's Difficult/unusual lover?    -   Yes How difficult?    -   disabled/ugly If one lover chases another...    -   he chases after her

Main Male Character

Profession/status:    -   student Age/status:    -   a teen Unusual characteristics?    -   Super sensitive soggy jelly muffin

Main Female Character

Age/status:    -   a teen Profession/status:    -   student Unusual characteristics:    -   Physically sick    -   Super sensitive soggy jelly muffin    -   Very shy

Setting

United States    -   Yes The US:    -   Southeast Small town?    -   Yes Small town people:    -   nice, like Andy/Opie/Aunt Bee

Writing Style

Accounts of torture and death?    -   moderately detailed references to deaths What % of story is romance related?    -   nearly 100% Focus of story    -   equally on him and her How much dialog    -   roughly even amounts of descript and dialog

Books with storylines, themes & endings like A Walk to Remember

Nicholas Sparks Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or