Allreaders.com

My Life on a Plate Book Review Summary

Detailed Plot Synopsis of My Life on a Plate

Clara Hutt is 33 and unhappy. Despite her large London home, her husband Robert, two boys and a successful part time career as a freelance writer, Clara is dissatisfied.

Told from Clara's point of view, she tells of her midlife crisis about her marriage. She had hopes that a family life would be better than her own upbringing by a mother who collects ex-husbands, her distant father and her spoiled stepsisters. But she discovers that married life is boring. She looks with envy at her friends who are single. She obsesses about her weight, her unfashionable wardrobe and her husband's failure to help around the house. She struggles to juggle both home and work. Little happens by way of plot, but Clara's observations are self deprecating and funny.
This report prepared by L. Watson

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of My Life on a Plate

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Tone of book?    -   humorous Time/era of story    -   2000+ (Present Day) Internal struggle/realization?    -   Yes Struggle over    -   midlife crisis Is this an adult or child's book?    -   Adult or Young Adult Book

Main Character

Gender    -   Female Profession/status:    -   homemaker Age:    -   20's-30's Ethnicity/Nationality    -   British

Setting

How much descriptions of surroundings?    -   3 () City?    -   Yes City:    -   London

Writing Style

Amount of dialog    -   significantly more descript than dialog

Books with storylines, themes & endings like My Life on a Plate

India Knight Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or