Allreaders.com

The Christmas Thief Book Review Summary

Detailed plot synopsis reviews of The Christmas Thief

Mary Higgins Clark & Carol Higgins Clark
Simon & Schuster, Nov 2004, 21.00, 204 pp.
ISBN 0743271556

Packy Noonan is a natural born con artist who is able to talk people into investing over 100 million dollars in his phony shipping company. He and his two confederates were about to cash out and leave the country when the scam was revealed. His two confederates escaped but Packy was caught and sent to jail. After serving twelve years he is freed and heads to Stowe, Vermont to get the diamonds that are hidden in an eighty foot blue spruce tree belonging to his one time employees Lenny & Viddy. He doesn't know that the tree is due to be cut down and taken to Rockefeller Center where it will be seen by millions of people.

Opal, one of the people who lost money in Packy's scam, is also going to Stowe for the weekend, along with Alviah Meshim and her husband, Megan Reilly, her fiancée, and her parents. Opal spots Packy's cohort Benny and winds up kidnapped. When Packy and company go to cut down the spruce they don't realize that Lenny's neighbor Wayne already found the diamonds. Packy is determined to get his jewels or die trying while Opal's friends search for her before something dreadful happens.

Harriet Klausner
The review of this Book prepared by Harriet Klausner

Sydney on 12/23/2014 7:49:55 AM says: Well I love all their other books but this one wasn't their best or worse. I kind of had to push myself to read it. I would recommend it to someone. My 21 and 18 year old sisters read this when they were little and they said I should read it. Sorry for getting off topic. Anyway the book had a lot of moments that really kept me on the edge of my seat. I think in this book they need to work on the begging( the first three chapters) because it really wasn't that interesting. I think it was because The first chapter tells about the character. It for me wasn't very interesting. I won't say anymore and I am not a writer or anyone important so you can just delete this. Over all it was fantastic.

Please enter the number 42 plus two in the right box.

Chapter Analysis of The Christmas Thief

Click on a plot link to find similar books!

Plot & Themes

Composition of Book descript. of violence and chases 10%Planning/preparing, gather info, debate puzzles/motives 40%Feelings, relationships, character bio/development 40%How society works & physical descript. (people, objects, places) 10% Tone of story    -   suspenseful (sophisticated fear) Time/era of story:    -   2000+ (Present) Kid or adult book?    -   Adult or Young Adult Book The crook is....    -   Get treasure/money from another criminal Crime Thriller    -   Yes Crime plotlets:    -   escape/rescue from kidnappers Is MAIN CHARACTER an EVIL criminal?    -   Yes General Crime (including known murderer)    -   Yes Who's the criminal enemy here?    -   breaking up gang

Main Character

Gender    -   Female Profession/status:    -   small businessman Age:    -   40's-50's Ethnicity/Race    -   White/American

Setting

United States    -   Yes The US:    -   Northeast

Writing Style

Accounts of torture and death?    -   generic/vague references to death/punishment Amount of dialog    -   significantly more dialog than descript

Books with storylines, themes & endings like The Christmas Thief

Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark Books Note: the views expressed here are only those of the reviewer(s).
Or